Desert of This


I tread lightly upon these, the sands of despair
Lest I wake up the demons that slumber around,
Tired from the feast of their most recent fare,
The last poor soul’s stumbling they’d found.

The winds desperately destroy what my feet create
Until I forget how far I’ve come, if at all.
The sun dries me with thirst I barely sate
With tears demanded by fear’s stifling pall.

Still I know from the screams of my legs
And the growing insanity of my mind,
If I keep one foot ahead as the other begs,
I’m moving somewhere , just moving blind.

And in the dark recesses of my heart,
As the answer to my most urgent wish,
A light shines that these sands cannot part
To walk with me in the desert of this,

The desert of loneliness where soon I can rise
To walk hand in hand with Him to paradise

0 comments:

Post a Comment